Welcome to the renewed EWC database portal
Looking for up-to-date information on European Works Councils?
Welcome to the renewed EWC portal. The portal was re-launched in January 2016 and replaces the 'old' website.
Therefore all users old and new are requested to REGISTER AGAIN (free; old login and password won't work) to get full access to agreements, personal dashboard and new features (see below).
The new website continues to provide all the information previously available plus many new features:
- totally FREE access upon registration;
- detailed search engines on EWC population and the contents of EWC agreements;
- content analysis of 1500+ EWC agreements;
- selected provisions (best practice) from EWC agreements;
- tool to compare up to 3 EWC agreements;
- live statistics with automatic charts online;
- personal dashboard with the possibility to save searches, agreements, etc. (registered users);
If you have suggestions for improvement of the new website or want to report a problem please contact us.
If you are an EWC member please contribute to the database and send us your EWC agreement.
The European Trade Union Institute is conducting research on the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the work of European Works Councils.
To this end the ETUI has developed a brief online survey which should take only 15 minutes to complete and is anonymous. Please complete the survey and/or share it with people who may be interested.
The survey is in English. On the first page of the survey, you will find instructions to translate it into your language using your web browser.
You can access the ETUI EWC Web-survey on Covid at this link: https://bit.ly/36mddfv
- EWC related court cases - new search engine available now
- EWC Database data quality guide by S. De Spiegelaere (2016) explains the ETUI's policies to prevent, assess and treat data and errors in the database.
- Analysis of the impact of EWC Recast Directive: 'Too little, too late?' by S. De Spiegelaere (2016)
- New Policy Brief on reporting back in EWCs by R.Jagodzinski and S. De Spiegelaere (2016)
- NEW: ETUI's new training website for EWC and SE works council members is now available at www.ewctraining.eu
- First SCE works council ever created in Westfleisch.
- IndustriAll conference for EWC coordinators on 8-9 December, 2015.
- 'European Works Councils and SE works council Facts and Figures 2015' by S. De Spiegelaere and R. Jagodzinski now available
- 'Variations on a theme? Implementation of the EWC Recast Directive' by R. Jagodzinski (ed.) now available
Find more on 'Democracy at work in a pandemic' in the recent ETUI and ETUC publication 'Benchmarking Working Europe 2020: Covid-19 and the world of work: the impact of a pandemic'
Visit also a dedicated website: www.benchmarking2020.eu