BP Europa owns the following undertaking(s):
Web page: www.bp.com
Operations in EEA-EFTA and EU candidate countries: AT; BE; DK; FI; FR; DE; GR; IE; IT; LU; NL; PT; ES; SE; UK; NO; CH; HR; CY; CZ; HU; MT; PL; RO;
Sector(s) of activity: Chemicals
NACE: 06; 19;
status under the EWC directive: falling within the scope of the Directive
Despite creation of a BP SE Works Councils following the conversion (of a part?) of BP into SE in 2010 the EWC continues to exist.
We received a draft agreement for BP Downstream (2003)- not clear if this agreement was signed.
The Mobil Chemicals EWC and the Amoco EWC are now integrated in the BP.
Chemicals EWC. (source: study by P.Kerckhofs in http://www.fipl.it/docs/wpapers/18_cae_en.pdf by V. Teljohan, Instituto di Lavoro).
The agreement creating a EWC for BP Oil in 1994, was revised in 1999, and is again
under renegotiation in the spring of 2003. If the January draft will be signed, as expected
then the number of EWC members will increase from 20 to 26. For the rest, this 2003
renewal copies the provisions of the 1999 version. That 1999 version increased the
number of annual plenary meetings from one to two, enlarged the select committee from
5 to 7 members and included the provision that all EWC members will be provided with
The importance of the text of the agreement for the functioning of the EWC is rather
small. In only very few occasions reference has been made to it. The interviewed link
committee members believe that the practice of the EWC goes further then the text of
their agreement. The functioning of branch level task forces is an example of this.
No info on reason why EWC died and when.
Renegotiation of agreement is foreseen for 31/12/2015, no separate SE works council will be established for BP Europe SE
|1||BP Oil Europe Employee Forum||1994||installation from scratch|
|2||BP Chemicals European Employee Forum||1994||installation from scratch||1999||merger|
|3||BP Europa SE Committee||2010||conversion into other legal basis|
|Workforce for EEA||Year||Workforce||Info Source|
|2017||14085||D&B (Dun & Bradstreet)|
|2010||11631||Database third parties|
|2002||31279||Network of experts|
|Workforce Worldwide||Year||Workforce||Info Source|
|2002||115250||Network of experts|
documents linked to the group:
- BP Chemicals European Employee Forum original installation agreement 02/06/1994
- BP Oil Europe Employee Forum original installation agreement 02/06/1994
- BP Oil Europe Employee Forum renegotiated (renewal or extension) 01/01/1999
- BP Oil Europe Employee Forum renegotiated (renewal or extension) 01/01/2003
- BP Europa SE Committee original installation agreement 13/01/2010
- 08/07/2020 - BP to cut 10,000 jobs because of oil price crash more
- 09/07/2011 - Great Britain: bitter end to the conflict for the employees of the Hull bio-ethanol plant more
- 17/12/2009 - BP: agreement with the EWC on information and consultation within the framework of relocation more
Other documents linked to this multinational: