ETUI resources on European Works Councils and SE works councils
For comprehensive overviews of legislation, features, characteristics and recent publications on EWCs and SE works councils as well as on Societas Cooperative Europea (European Cooperative, SCE) and many more resources on European and national industrial relations visit the www.worker-participation.eu portal.
For EWC and SE works council training visit the newly created (December 2015) website www.ewctraining.eu by the ETUI Education Department.
For a list of literature in the field of EWCs we refer to the Highlights section European Works Councils in the Labourline website (web portal of the ETUI's Documentation Centre).
(formerly known as European Industry Federations) - European level sectoral trade union organisations responsible, among others, for coordination and support for EWCs in the given sector and that have been providing input for the EWC database:
|Building & Woodwork||European Federation of Building and Woodworkers||http://www.efbww.org|
|Metal, chemical and textile||IndustriAll Europe (since 2012 regrouping former the European Metalworkers’ Federation (EMF), the European Mine, Chemical and Energy Workers’ Federation (EMCEF) and the European Trade Union Federation for Textiles, Clothing and Leather (ETUF:TCL)||
|Public Services||European Federation of Public Service Unions||http://www.epsu.org|
|Transport||European Transport Workers' Federation||https://www.etf-europe.org/|
|Services (private)||Uni Europa||http://www.uni-europa.org|
|Food, Agriculture, Tourism||European Federation of Trade Unions in the Food, Agriculture and Tourism sectors and allied branches||http://www.effat.org|
Some external links
- Eurofound definition of European Works Councils
- European Commission database on transnational company agreements
- European Commission, DG Competition, Mergers
- FNV Bondgenoten - Network site for EWC members (in Dutch)
- SBI Formaat EWC Service (EWC newsletter in English and Dutch)
- Solidarnosc web page on European Works Councils (in Polish)
- Ver.di EWC information, legislation, links (in German)
- OpenCorporation - Trade union rating of companies (English and Italian)